At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
- Work closely with hardware, software, and operations team to ensure uptime of the fleet.
- Develop a thorough understanding of autonomous driving components in order to develop test plans and test cases to cover features at the subsystem and system levels.
- Execute virtual and in-vehicle tests to validate the quality of new software that is being shipped
- Timely triage test failures and work with software / hardware owners on fast resolution and validation.
- Help streamline hardware build and software release process.
- Provide training to operations on structured testing.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related fields.
- 3+ years working experience involving testing complex integrated systems between software and hardware.
- Strong test planning, execution, troubleshooting skills, at the subsystem and system levels.
- Moderate to advanced experience with Linux system administration and systems engineering.
- Experience with git and/or other software development tools.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly responsible and dependable.
Nice To Have:
- Work experience in robotics, aerospace, or automotive systems.
- Experience working with CAN, sensor suite, and Hardware-in-the-Loop test environment.
- Programming experience using C++
- Able to curate technical documents from scratch (proposals, PRD, etc)pal
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top