Recruiting Manager, Lyft Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Recruiting Manager in New York who embodies our values and will help us continue growing our Lyft Bikes & Scooters business. At Lyft we value creativity, resourcefulness and an incredible candidate experience that matches our brand. You should bring a level of fun, intelligence, and motivation to not only the team but to everyone you talk to about Lyft.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for the Lyft Bikes & Scooters organization ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Innovate on ways to build a strong talent pipeline and recruit in a variety of venues
- Source candidates from relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research
- Work internally with Lyft hiring managers to understand positions and team needs
- Create job descriptions, role profiles, and offer packages based on the position and company requirements
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring manager and any relevant stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with legal, compensation/benefits, immigration, etc.
- Provide scalable solutions to drive Lyft’s hiring needs
- Work directly with recruiting/engineering leaders to deeply understand the requirements for all hires and their impact on the company as a whole
- Lead meetings and projects with recruiting team and client groups
- Track metrics and pipeline activity from/with recruiters for hiring as well as manage reporting
- Manage a team of recruiters as well as their career growth and performance reviews, providing mentorship and guidance
- Conduct weekly 1:1’s with each member on the the team
- Champion Lyft, our values, and our philosophy to all potential hires
Experience & Skills:
- Full-cycle technical recruiting experience, with the ability to close candidates at a high acceptance rate
- Experience managing a team of recruiters; preference for experience managing other recruiting leads
- A good eye for technical talent with the ability to quickly screen resumes and assess fit in interviews
- A real passion for technology and understanding of relevant skills, companies, student groups and university courses
- Excellent public speaking skills and confidence to be in front of leaders in the academic community
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to last-minute changes
- Ability to maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor with reports, hiring managers and all members at Lyft
- Start-up experience preferred
- Experience using Google applications preferred
- Experience in Engineering recruiting preferred
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top