Quality Engineer - New York
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride-sharing industry. We constantly innovate and incorporate cutting-edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
About This Role
The Lyft mobile team is seeking a detail-oriented Quality Engineer who will ensure that Lyft’s apps and next-generation features maintain a high level of quality and performance. This will include testing new and existing products on iOS and Android platforms, as well as the integration of the back-end systems that power our client apps.
- Develop, iterate and own all testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing the quality and associated risk for complex on-demand functionality across all Lyft mobile applications and their back-end counterparts
- Perform functional manual testing of new & existing features to cover all UX/business use cases and performance tests; ensure error handling and boundary conditions work as defined in product specifications
- Perform acceptance and integration testing on weekly builds of mobile application software
- Ensure test planning, test framework, execution, and reporting is efficient, standardized, and coordinated
- Utilize a bug tracking tool to log and track issues in the current release in testing; verify bug fixes and regression tests of other impacted features perform correctly; verify all releases before and after deployment to production
- Work closely with product, design & engineering teams to help define quality criteria and quality metrics, and create specific use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Ensure the product, design & development teams understand test results with regard to passes, failures and tests still to be executed
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or relevant professional experience
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies
- Experience with mobile development and knowledge of the idiosyncrasies associated with various mobile platforms, screen resolutions, mobile OS versions, and hardware form factors
- Experience with A/B testing
- Ability to use basic Unix commands
- Have the ability to learn quickly and apply product knowledge to your test planning and quickly acquire a deep understanding of the application UX, design details, logic, and dependencies
- Superb attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and document defects in complex software features
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Nice To Have:
- Ability to design and implement test automation & unit testing frameworks
- Experience with open source test tools
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Experience with real-time technology problems
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top