Program Manager, Driver Operations
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Project Manager to lead projects within its rapidly expanding Driver Operations businesses. As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, and closure of projects to launch new Driver Operations products and services. You will manage the coordination of Real Estate, Product, Regulatory, Operations, and external teams, among others, to deliver projects on time, within budget, and within scope.
You are highly organized and self-motivated. You are comfortable leading teams of people and driving progress of highly visible, complex, collaborative projects. You have experience in designing project plans from scratch and identifying solutions to unforeseen problems. You have the ability to ask probing questions, detect unstated assumptions, drive consensus, and resolve conflict. You are comfortable in uncharted territory and have experience bringing clarity to ambiguous situations. You enjoy learning new things and working with many people to achieve success.
- Design, develop, update, and manage project plans utilizing project management tools
- Collaborate across teams to define and ensure commitment to project schedule, scope, objectives, milestones, and deliverables
- Monitor project progress and create reports for working groups and management: Establish project baseline and key metrics
- Identify resource needs and manage changes to schedule, product, cost, or scope
- Ensure clarity of project roles and responsibilities within working groups
- Monitor project risk, resolve conflicts, and escalate issues to management as necessary
- Establish and lead all working group meetings: Create agendas, assign reporting responsibilities, and distribute key takeaways
- Design and implement project management tools, processes, and improvements
- 3-5 years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree a plus)
- Deep understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Highly-developed written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Experience delivering process-centered solutions
- Leadership experience within cross-functional working environments
- Expertise in Smartsheets, Microsoft Project, or similar project management tools
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top