Product Manager, Road Safety and Telematics
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate product managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
The Product Manager, Road Safety and Telematics will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models, and capabilities to proactively identify and prevent the key sources of risk on the Lyft platform. This includes monitoring and collecting signals before, during and after an accident happens. By partnering with claims, data science and actuary teams, the product manager will work towards minimizing the company's total exposure to moral, financial and reputational risk. The product manager will develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Lyft, its systems, and capabilities, as the industry leader in telematics and road safety.
This individual possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from patterns, customer empathy, data, auto industry best practices, and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional stakeholders which includes engineers, analysts, research scientists and risk operations. The Product Manager will ensure that we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for road safety initiatives.
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics, and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance.
- This includes synthesizing insights from customer research, crafting detailed specs outlining frontend experiences and backend systems and accompanying the development. Then the PM is expected to craft a go-to-market approach by partnering with Marketing/PR/Support, manage the rollout and gather post-launch feedback.
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision.
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Champion the lens of road safety across the organization to help make all Lyft experiences even safer
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience.
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem.
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences.
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
- Experience building consumer software or hardware technology leveraging sensor data such as GPS, accelerometer, and other hardware experiences.
- Experience implementing behavioral and habit changing products or services
- Experience with Insurance Products or working closely with Insurance partners.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top