Product Manager, Pay Platform
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation.
Payments is an integral part of the overall Lyft experience, one of the magical moments when you take Lyft is stepping off the car and not having to worry about payments. Every Ride on Lyft has a transactional component to it and we strive to make this experience frictionless for both our Riders and Drivers. Our vision for the team is to improve people's lives through Pay and make Pay a valued differentiator for Lyft. We want to build a platform that is highly reliable and helps the business scale while also being very flexible to support new product experiences on Lyft.
As Product Manager for the Payments Platform you will drive the vision and strategy for the next generation payments platform and help us execute towards this vision. You will work closely with different Product, Engineering, Partnerships and Operations teams to build a world class Payments Platform for Lyft. As the Payments Platform Product leader you will strive to make the platform catalyst for innovation across Lyft. You will also work closely with external partners in the ecosystem and understand how they can complement our platform vision. If you are excited about building a world class Payments platform and driving Payments innovation that improves the lives of our customers, this is the role for you!
- Develop the long term vision and strategy for the Payments Platform team
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners, operations and other product teams at Lyft towards a shared vision
- Work with internal Product teams to understand their needs and provide them guidance and support to execute towards their product goals
- Take internal and external user needs and develop a clear long term Platform strategy to address the current and future needs of our customers
- Set clear goals and success metrics to align with Lyft's mission and deliver maximum impact
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Experience in Payments, Financial Services and building scalable Platforms preferable but not a must have
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top