Product Manager, Machine Learning (Serving)
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
At Lyft, we're building tools that would help make the process of developing and deploying machine learning models as simple as possible while producing results and are powerful. This opportunity covers the entire model lifecycle from feature selection, through prototyping, model training, deployment, and monitoring.
The quality and reliability of our tools directly contribute to Lyft's ability to produce quality and timely results across its entire product line - e.g. Pricing, marketing optimization, Level 5 self-driving, driver and passenger incentives and many others.
The team relies on Big Data tools and platforms to access and process data both in real-time and in offline modes and link features and models into complete machine learning pipelines that would be used in a variety of production scenarios.
The Machine Learning Platform team is looking for a product manager that enjoys creating great technology that scales to support our entire business in the fast moving Machine Learning space.
- This role is focused on creating and driving the strategy for Lyft machine learning's model serving infrastructure. This includes the tuning and optimizing experience for machine learning models, pushing them to deployment, A/B testing them versus existing, and instrumenting them for the model owner to detect data drift and automate retraining- among other areas
- Design and manage the process of building products that would simplify machine learning development across Lyft
- Contribute to the strategy and roadmap of machine learning initiatives at Lyft to help drive the most impact
- Have a strong technical background with experience in machine learning algorithms
- Help build new machine learning applications and platforms for areas like NLP, computer vision, mapping, and personalization across Lyft's product areas
- Work with Data Scientists and engineers to collect requirements and iterate to ensure the tools we build fully address their needs
- Keep track of activities in the external machine learning community so we'd quickly identify opportunities and threats around tools and techniques
- 6+ years successful product management experience
- An academic background in an engineering or quantitative discipline. Graduate degree preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning modeling workflows and basics of Data Science: feature selection and engineering, different machine learning model families, optimization considerations for machine learning models, deployment and serving challenges
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms: linear/logistic regression, random forest, gradient boosted trees, Deep Learning
- Familiarity with machine learning platforms: TensorFlow, PyTorch, SKLearn
- Knowledge of big data systems: Spark, Flink, Beam
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Knowledge of TFX, XGBoost, Amazon Web Services, AWS Sagemaker
- Strong analytical capability with experience in data modeling and analysis
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Natural ability to make things happen around you
- Strong communication skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top