Product Manager, Machine Learning Platform
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
At Lyft, we're building tools that would help make the process of developing and deploying Machine Learning models as simple as possible while producing results and are powerful. Lyft is a very data driven company. We need to automate decisions around a host of areas like pricing, dispatching, and routing. We use Machine Learning to solve this highly complex problem set.
The team relies on Big Data tools and platforms to access and process data both in real-time and in offline modes and link features and models into complete Machine Learning pipelines that would be used in a variety of production scenarios.
The Machine Learning Platform team is looking for a product manager that enjoys creating great technology that scales to support our entire business in the fast moving Machine Learning space.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- This role is responsible for setting the strategy for and driving the execution of the Machine Learning Platform at Lyft. The full ML lifecycle is in scope: Feature creation, model selection, training, tuning, and serving in production.
- Design and manage the process of building products that would simplify ML development across Lyft.
- Contribute to the strategy and roadmap of ML initiatives at Lyft to help drive the most impact.
- Have a strong technical background with experience in Machine Learning algorithms.
- Help build new ML applications and platforms for areas like NLP, computer vision, mapping, and personalization across Lyft's product areas.
- Work with Data Scientists and engineers to collect requirements and iterate to ensure the tools we build fully address their needs.
- Keep track of activities in the external ML community so we'd quickly identify opportunities and threats around tools and techniques.
- 5+ years successful product management experience
- An academic background in an engineering or quantitative discipline. Graduate degree preferred
- Familiarity with Machine Learning modeling workflows and basics of Data Science: feature selection and engineering, different ML model families, optimization considerations for ML models, deployment and serving challenges
- Familiarity with ML algorithms: linear/logistic regression, random forest, gradient boosted trees, Deep Learning
- Familiarity with ML platforms: TensorFlow, PyTorch, SKLearn
- Knowledge of big data systems: Spark, Flink, Beam
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Knowledge of TFX, XGBoost, Amazon Web Services, AWS Sagemaker
- Strong analytical capability with experience in data modeling and analysis
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Natural ability to make things happen around you
- Strong communication skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top