Product Manager, Fraud
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
Trust and confidence is fundamental to Lyft marketplace, and the Fraud team is charged with ensuring that trust and safety to all customers. This involves enabling passengers to take rides with the appropriate fraud and risk checks, reducing fraud loss while not impacting growth, and paying the drivers securely in a seamless and frictionless manner. The team takes pride in being quick to resolve emerging fraud patterns, forecast fraud scenarios and prevent them before they occur, build long-term system and product features and create sustainable machine learning models and rules. The challenge and opportunity is to enable a superior and secure experience through the Lyft app for passengers and drivers.
We’re looking for a product leader and rock-star to join a fast-paced and transformational start-up to manage various fraud initiatives. The Product Manager, Fraud will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources of and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial and reputational risk. The product manager will develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Lyft, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation and services.
This individual possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional stakeholders that includes engineers, analysts, research scientists and fraud operations. The product manager will ensure that we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities. This individual will be the ‘go to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple businesses. The individual is an experienced manager who will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Fraud Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud, etc.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Partner with Business Operations, Finance, Business Leaders and Regional GMs to manage the impact to profitability of the overall Lyft business and individual regions.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 8-10 years of experience across Fraud and Risk across payment, ecommerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Focus and rigor on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and drive independently
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain
- Experience dealing with senior executives in customer organizations
- Experience in UI/UX testing and validation
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top