Product Manager, Fleet Modeling and Simulation
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
Developing an autonomous vehicle is a complicated prospect. We’re looking for an experienced product manager to develop our hybrid human/AV fleet simulator in close partnership with our engineering team. You will be a bridge between our understanding of how our future vehicles move in the world and the decisions of today. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, safety-critical environment and you’re great at creating solutions given minimal detail beyond complicated requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for!
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Own Lyft Level 5’s fleet simulator
- Conceptualise simulation framework and architecture
- Build complex and detailed simulations from the ground up to dynamically model AV fleet operations (charging, cleaning, service etc.), driver and passenger movements, attributes and interactions
- Co-architect with engineering simulation modules and automation of simulation-based optimization and analyses
- Develop and necessary tests and analyses to validate simulation models and identify improvement opportunities
- Deep dive into data to validate operational processes and assumptions
- Guide visualization of simulation results to support strategic and operational decision making
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years of academic or operational background in developing and optimizing large-scale multi-agent systems simulation models
- Extensive knowledge of software development capabilities, preferably in Python, C++ or Java; knowledge of GoLang would be an advantage
- Experience in software architecting and development of communication interfaces
Nice to Have:
- Computer science degree and experience as an engineer preferred
- Experience processing large amounts of data using Hive, Spark or similar technology
- Knowledge of statistical programming in languages such as Python; and strong working knowledge in RDBMS such as PostgresQL or MySQL
- Experience in developing agent-based mobility simulations
- Experience in state-of-art routing algorithms
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top