Product Manager, Express Drive (Risk & Loss)
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Express Drive team. Express Drive is a strategic business within Lyft with the mandate of providing drivers with low cost access to a car while building the foundational capabilities for Lyft autonomous future. We are redefining the vehicle access landscape as the rideshare industry’s largest flexible vehicle offering in the US. We do this by managing our own vehicle marketplace, building patent-pending pricing technologies and developing predictive intelligence by using vehicle telematics and connected car technologies.
The Product Manager in this role is expected to bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive our strategy and lead our execution on improving Express Drive program foundations through predictive analytics, driver risk modeling and behavioral incentives. Our tech teams are solving the most challenging technical and human problems in the industry with all of the data, technologies, and methodologies enabled by Lyft’s scale. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and a passionate Product Manager to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
- Lead the development of the Express Drive program’s risk management strategy, including formulation of behavior-based predictive technologies, industry-leading insurance products, and financial risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop a customer-focused product roadmap and build alignment across product and other partnering teams (Engineering, Design, User Research, Science, Customer Support, Insurance & Safety, Integrity, Express Drive Operations and Risk Operations).
- Spearhead the product strategy and foundational tech capabilities related to safety, collections, and Lyft-wide profitability by leveraging telematics, ML models, and new insurance products.
- Manage all P&L line items related to your product area and develop features and cross-functional initiatives to ensure delivery on financial targets.
- Partner with and influence the roadmaps of multiple other Lyft product teams including Insurance & Safety, Driver Experience, Integrity, and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ years experience of building consumer facing and/or platform products
- Background or experience in mathematics, statistics, data science or machine learning preferred
- Established history of close collaboration with data and research science
- Enjoy working on deeply technical products with significant scale expectations and a passionate engineering team
- Confident in decision-making, providing concise, clear, direct communication
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with a commitment to excellence, analytics rigor and focus on customer experience
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and clearly communicate with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong ability to work with full autonomy and little direct oversight
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Active participant in Lyft's culture; enthusiasm about Lyft and aligned with Lyft’s core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top