Product Manager, Autonomous Vehicle Infrastructure
- Palo Alto, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ride sharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
Level 5 is the self-driving arm of Lyft with offices in Palo Alto, London, and Germany. We are seeking an experienced, driven Technical Product Manager with a passion for infrastructure, enabling growth at scale via distributed computing, machine learning, cloud technologies and ensuring engineers are highly productive every day. You will be supporting the Autonomous Infrastructure team which is responsible for creating and maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to make autonomous driving a reality. The AV Infrastructure team spans projects across Build Infra, Data, Infra, Physical Infra, Compute Infra and Cloud Infra. As a Product Manager, you will be supporting various projects in this varied space.
- Understand L5’s strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, user research and partnering with other teams
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development, launch, growth and maintenance
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build next-generation products, platforms, and experiences to positively impact each and every L5 engineer
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- 5+ years of product management, technical product design or equivalent experience
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience.
- Strong analytical skills: Understanding of data pipelines as well as how it is analyzed to inform the success of the business
- Natural ability to influence things happening around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of the product ecosystem, including open source solutions, 3rd party landscape, build/buy evaluations, influencing vendor roadmap, and capacity planning
- Strong communication skills: an ability to explain the mechanisms, implications, and consequences of technology choices. Skills to connect engineering, business, and other stakeholders to common purposes
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Back to top