- Minsk, Belarus
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s core mission depends on having a digital representation of the physical world - a map - and the ability to use that map in order to provide the world’s best transportation. This is what makes Lyft different from many products: our products don’t just facilitate online interactions, they facilitate dynamic, real-world ones. These interactions range from finding the closest scooter, to being late and trying to choose between a train or a bike, to navigating through a congested city safely and swiftly, to a shared ride involving picking up two different passengers outside of Bed Bath and Beyond, each of whom have their hands full, when there’s nowhere to pull over except the bike lane...Without mapping services, none of these real world interactions between people and transport can happen.
The Mapping organization at Lyft has spent the last few years building up Lyft’s mapping assets and capabilities by combining many internal and external data sources and services into an increasingly powerful and mission-critical technology stack. In doing so, we’ve also enabled new user experiences and features across all of Lyft’s products. We’re hiring a Mapping product manager to help drive our efforts to build new and powerful mapping experiences for Lyft’s users and services.
You’ll lead a small team of PMs working within Mapping and with product teams across Lyft to identify new opportunities that take advantage of our mapping platform. You’ll also play a big role in defining the development of new services and technologies that enable transportation options users can’t live without. Finally, you’ll play a critical role in facilitating effective collaboration and communication between product teams within Lyft’s expanding office in Minsk and those based in the US.
- Lead product strategy and execution for a set of mapping-based product experiences across Lyft
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Advanced level of English
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- The opportunity to work with the smartest engineers in the industry.
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- English classes with native speakers.
- Corporate events.
- Weekly team activities, in-office yoga, and much more.
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 10 paid days off.
- Spacious office facing National Library.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, you’ll never stay hungry with us!
Back to top