At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We are working to reshape cities to be built around people, not cars.
As a part of the Core Design team at Lyft, you will be involved in creating illustrations for the Product Design organization used across all mobile and web products at Lyft. Using your full range of concepting, visual, and presentation skills, you will own creating highly usable and inclusive illustrations and iconography. You will be part of a team that develops and maintains the Lyft Product Language, Lyft’s design system used across all products.
In this role you will be expected to be both a hands-on creator and systems thinker. You will use your knowledge of product design needs to craft high quality imagery – taking in briefs from product teams and being able to solve problems creatively while adapting to a style. Your solutions are systems-oriented and take into account the ecosystem of illustration in Lyft’s products. You are able to precisely articulate rationale and can present to diverse stakeholders from across the company.
- Identify appropriate tone, detail, audience and style through briefs and open communication.
- Produce highly usable illustration and iconography that speaks to the Lyft Brand while meeting client and user needs and deadlines.
- Move between creating rough sketches to high-quality drawings to communicate your solutions. Use user research and data to inform your reasonings.
- Present cross-functionally to stakeholders from Product Design, Engineering, Product, and Brand, seeking approval at all stages of development.
- Understand and incorporate Lyft’s design system guidelines in your work.
- Thoroughly organize and document assets. Contribute to the development of our style and usage guidance.
- Inspire the entire team and our internal partners by bringing new ideas to the table and evolving our product imagery.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellence in visual design craft and creativity. Able to adapt to different drawing styles
- Experience crafting illustrations for mobile products and understanding various product. platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, Mobile Web etc) and product design needs.
- Highly proficient with current visual tools (Sketch, Illustrator, etc.) with knowledge of how to hand off assets for production.
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top