- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Our drivers and passengers entrust Lyft with their personal information and travel details to get where they are going and expect us to keep that data safe. Lyft’s Privacy team is comprised of engineers and analysts dedicated to ensuring that appropriate data protections are applied at all times. We conduct privacy risk assessments, consult with organizational stakeholders, maintain Lyft’s privacy program, develop privacy policies, and advise on all matters related to privacy.
As a member of the Privacy team you will help ensure that privacy is built into our products by design. Every day, you’ll meet and work with stakeholders across the company working on exciting new projects, help de-risk their product development, conduct privacy risk assessments, and serve as a trusted privacy adviser to teams across Lyft.
- Conduct privacy risk assessments of new and existing Lyft products, services, and processes
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with product and engineering teams and advise them on complex data privacy-related issues
- Analyze system designs and data flows to identify and mitigate potential privacy vulnerabilities
- Identify trends in privacy and regulatory requirements and compliance enforcement and drive necessary changes in Lyft’s data privacy program
- Communicate risk to both technical and non-technical stakeholders across the business and negotiate risk mitigation strategies
- Proactively drive development of privacy infrastructure, technical controls, and automation to make it easy for teams to achieve privacy excellence
- Develop and maintain internal privacy policies, guidelines, and best practices for Lyft
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of privacy concepts and demonstrated ability to apply them to real-world situations
- Experience conducting privacy risk assessments, threat modeling, and risk mitigation
- Experience with technical privacy concepts (e.g., anonymization, encryption, differential privacy)
- Experience with privacy regulations (e.g., CCPA, GDPR)
- Strong technical background and ability to negotiate effectively with engineering teams
- Strong cross-functional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to own and manage multiple tasks and high priority projects
- Code development, review, and maintenance experience in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Go, Java, C++) a plus
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT) a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top