Planning & Logistics Lead - New York
At Lyft, a community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for amazing Planning & Logistics professionals to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering a whole new business to deliver at scale.
This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters.
- Material demand planning, inventory control and logistics readiness from vendors to OEMs
- Submitting purchase requisitions, tracking POs, submitting goods receipts and processing procurement invoices
- Creating engineering part numbers and structuring BOMs
- Reviewing and approving engineering change orders, providing feedback to engineers when necessary
- Managing the logistics of ordering and tracking parts for early prototyping and engineering builds throughout development
- Ability to do real-time cost analysis on projects to support quarterly budget KPI’s
- Managing communication with vendors and contracted manufacturing partners closely to drive and track materials and shipments, trouble-shooting any issues that may arise
- Allocating and fulfilling development hardware to multi-functional teams
- Traveling internationally to support engineering builds
Experience & Skills:
- BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of industry experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
- Experience structuring BOMs for hardware products desired
- Experience with PLM tools, Agile experience preferred but not required
- Meticulous attention to detail; flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment
- Knowledge of ERP and MRP systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Positive customer-first attitude
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top