At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Accounting team as a Payroll Specialist. The role within the Payroll team will assist in the processing of bi-weekly payrolls, maintaining related records, and developing and documenting various Payroll policies and procedures. This candidate must be able to demonstrate ability to work in a fast paced, both individually and as a part of a group, and thrive within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Own and process portions of multi-state bi-weekly payroll in ADP for 4,000+ employees
- Process tax changes, direct deposits, loan repayments, deduction goals, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, bonuses, special pays, etc
- Assist in the development and documentation of various Payroll initiatives designed to streamline the process and scale with the organization
- Maintain and reconcile payroll records for both US and ex-US employees
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, paid leave balances and other payroll processes
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of W2s
- Partner closely with HR, IT, Finance, and Accounting teams to develop and improve processes
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed
Experience & Skills:
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in payroll and/or accounting
- Excellent organization skills, detail-oriented, oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Excel and Word
- Prior ADP experience including Time and Attendance highly desirable
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top