At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an Operations Manager who is driven by a passion to deliver outstanding customer experiences powered by high performing and diverse teams. As an Operations Manager you will support Lyft Center teams to succeed on all measures - including customer satisfaction, business performance, team development, and flawless execution of operations and brand standards. You will lead the team by coaching, motivating, and inspiring within each location. Goal setting, forecasting and monitoring performance, and accountability will be crucial in this role. The Operations Manager’s success is predicated on the success of their teams! This role will report to the Florida Area General Manager.
- Lead a large organization of people managers and hourly employees
- Provide overall operational leadership, direction and guidance to your market regarding our customer and driver experience support strategy
- Drive results and oversee the retail operations for multiple locations within a market
- Analyze business trends to identify behavioral opportunities and/or gaps to drive results
- Analyze and leverage customer feedback to identify patterns to coach your team to further enhance the customer experience
- Ensure each location adheres to Lyft's brand, operational, and community standards
- Ensure your market operates within full compliance of local laws and regulations
- Represent Lyft's brand, mission, and culture both inside and outside of the organization
- Create an entrepreneurial, fast pace, and dynamic work environment that reflects Lyft's culture
- Ensure all company initiatives are communicated and executed to Lyft standards within your market
- People work for people – use this philosophy consistently to grow careers and retain talent through development, teamwork, coaching, and recognition within all locations in your market
- Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of accountability through performance management
- Partner with People Business and Training teams in the selection, development, and ongoing succession planning of talent
- Ensure that all market performance/compensation reviews are completed within the established timeframe for all locations
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years leadership experience with multi-unit retail or service background. Must have experience managing a large team, including people managers
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset, solid problem-solving, and an exceptional understanding of superior customer experience
- A natural talent for motivating, building, developing and leading diverse teams committed to helping others grow and develop in their role
- History of creating cultures of exceptional customer experience and operational excellence through the execution of goals and objectives
- Quick to assess and resolve conflicts, finding positive coaching opportunities in complex situations
- Experience interfacing with functional partners at headquarters. Excellent communication skills (oral, written, PowerPoint)
- Solid planning and organizational skills as well as being comfortable diving into performance metrics and data analysis of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of a retail/ service business, and prior multi-unit P&L responsibility. Intermediate use of Excel
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top