Operations Lead - New York Area
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Operations Lead who knows how to motivate a team and wants to make a big impact at a fast-growing company. You will manage a team across New York State and will design creative initiatives for improving the driver experience. You’ll work with other operations team members who are focused on supporting Lyft drivers in the New York Area. This role will require travel within New York State.
- Lead, hire, and train a team of Community Associates (Lyft’s driver-facing support team)
- Manage the local customer support experience for drivers at our dispersed New York State driver Hubs
- Plan, launch and manage operational Lyft initiatives for the market
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, compliance and other teams
- Manage and analyze operational data using spreadsheets and other analytical tools
Experience & Skills:
- Experience managing a team
- You love people: Motivation, engagement, and development come naturally. You can identify what makes your team members tick and gain energy from coaching them to achieve a common goal
- You are a leader in customer service: You care deeply about the customer experience and role model and coach others to provide the best experience possible to those visiting your location
- Strong problem solver: You effectively, creatively, and quickly solve complex problems
- Excellent time management: You effectively prioritize multiple competing functions & tasks
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, and willing to help out wherever needed
- Self-directed and organized: You have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with a Mac
- Contagious passion for the Lyft brand
- Willing to travel
- Drivers License, comfortable driving in New York
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top