At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
Developing a network for autonomous vehicle is a complicated prospect. We’re looking for network engineers to help build the next generation network for Lyft Level 5. You will be a bridge between our hardware and software teams, responsible for building the data centers, edge pops, cloud interconnections. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, safety-critical environment and you’re great at creating solutions given minimal detail beyond complicated requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for!
- You will keep the production network for Lyft Level 5 running and scalable
- You will work with our various internal teams to build and operate a highly available, high-performance infrastructure
- You will design and deploy the network and data center infrastructure
- You will interact with external parties to negotiate peering, procure and evaluate hardware, and grow our infrastructure
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
Experience & Skills:
- Extensive familiarity with Cisco, Juniper, Arista hardware/software
- Extensive experience with data centers and best practices
- Extensive experience managing very large-scale infrastructure
- Understanding of all the infrastructure pieces and protocols needed to make the network reliable
- Extensive knowledge of OSPF, BGP
- Able to capacity-plan and forecast
- Knowledge of MPLS, QOS, ISIS, DWDM a plus
- Coding skills
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top