Marketing Manager, Bikes and Scooters
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. Lyft Bikes and Scooters - America’s largest bikeshare service - is part of our vision to transform cities around people, not cars.
We’re looking for a dynamic marketing leader with the vision, skills, and experience to help us change the future of cities and transportation. S/he will possess the ingenuity to build game-changing marketing programs and the business acumen to demonstrate marketing’s impact to senior leadership.
Citi Bike’s size and popularity continues to surge, we recently celebrated a record 100,000 rides in a single day, but we seek a leader who can help us 10x the program. This is a rare opportunity to own a loved brand, shape its future, and drive the business to another level.
This is a leadership role requiring the management of people and projects, a clear vision to build an impactful and revenue-driving marketing program, and experience managing complex senior cross-functional relationships. S/he will be responsible for activating the marketing strategy for Citi Bike with a focus on driving revenue through membership acquisition and retention, casual pass sales, partnerships, and new opportunities.
S/he will be tasked with developing and executing a marketing strategy that strengthens the Citi Bike brand and supports short and long-term growth of the program. They will oversee a passionate team of marketers focused on driving membership growth and strengthening the connection between Citi Bike and ALL New Yorkers. S/he will be supported by a central team that provides creative services, business intelligence, and product development.
- You’re an experienced marketing leader with a strong track record of building performance marketing programs for acquisition and retention focused brands.
- You use data to inform decisions through each step of the user funnel. You love running experiments and finding new ways to reach audiences and grow memberships.
- You can manage any discussion or presentation with ease. You can be appropriately persuasive and inspirational, and provide direct feedback to your team. You are adept at seeing patterns and seek out ways to create efficiency for your core team, cross-functional collaborators, and external partners.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires balancing quick decisions and long-term strategy. You are creative, organized, and driven to serve, grow, and win in your market, knowing that the success of Citi Bike means success for the entire Lyft brand and business.
- This position reports into the Lyft Bikes and Scooters Marketing Lead, based in NYC. S/he also works closely with the Citi Bike General Manager to ensure the marketing program is closely connected to business results.
- Marketing Leadership: Responsible for all marketing initiatives, including:
- 2020 Marketing Strategy
- Membership Acquisition, Renewal, and Win-Back Programs
- Analytics and Success Metrics
- Always-On Campaign Development
- Paid Media
- Referral Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Field Marketing, Events, and Activations
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Organic Social
- Brand Storytelling
- Co-Branding and Local Brand Collabs
- Enterprise / Corporate Marketing
- Also, manages the Citi Bike marketing team, approves briefs, sets system marketing goals, and works with Operations, Finance and HQ Marketing on budgeting and reporting. Drive data-based accountability and progress; leveraging our rich datasets and customer insights to help improve our marketing efforts
- Leads the marketing team by building a clear, results-driven culture and developing systems that lead to personal development and the overall success of Citi Bike. Makes staffing decisions and conducts bi-annual reviews with each team member.
- Community Affairs & Sponsorships Management: Owns and manages process and strategy for corporate sales and new sponsorship opportunities. Manages team and leads strategy for Citi Bike field marketing, community outreach, and equity programs. Equity programming is a top priority for Lyft and its partners.
- Operations Support: Work directly with Citi Bike General Manager to ensure marketing supports customer experience issues. This includes liaising with the Lyft customer experience team and operations support partners.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing or similar field, ideally across multiple functions with a focus on integrated marketing, growth marketing, and membership growth
- Experience managing a team of marketing professionals is required
- Previous experience with subscription-based business models
- Outstanding leadership, communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial environment preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in a matrixed environment that demands cross functional work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for bikeshare, particularly Citi Bike, is a big plus
- A deep connection to Lyft’s mission and core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top