Marketing Associate - Portland
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an entry-level, motivated, creative and highly organized Marketing Associate to join our Portland team. In this role, you will help build and scale marketing efforts at a local level. You will also provide on-the-ground event coordination and support, to increase Lyft brand awareness in the Portland market.
- Manage coordination and on-the-ground logistical implementation of events
- Oversee and maintain local brand ambassador program
- Generate original ideas for experiential activations to drive passenger acquisition and engagement, then see those ideas through to execution and measurement
- Manage marketing partnerships with events and other organizations, representing the Lyft brand well with external stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently - once you’re clear on the task at hand, you are able to run with it and take it up a notch
Experience and Skills
- 1+ years of marketing experience preferred, please note this is an entry-level position with equivalent compensation and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably within marketing, PR, communications or similar field)
- Experience managing brand ambassadors and events preferred
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Willing to roll up sleeves and contribute, regardless of the task. Leave your ego at home.
- Currently live in, and have a strong knowledge of, the greater Portland community (top events, venues, hotels, associations, nonprofits, neighborhoods, etc.)
- Ability to work late/odd/weekend hours depending on event needs
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality—you love talking to people, creating partnerships, and maintaining relationships
- Experience analyzing business metrics and consumer insights data is a plus
- Must be able to work
- Graphic design skills
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top