Market Manager - New York
Lyft’s mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with and the communities we serve. To create the world’s best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on manager to own the P&L for Lyft Bikes also known as CitiBike in NY, which means responsibility for market growth, service quality, compliance with regulations, strategy, and overall operational excellence.
As a Market Manager, you will work together with senior leadership to shape the vision and execution for Lyft Bikes in NY, as well as contribute to success and learnings in additional markets, through the contribution to playbooks, organization capabilities and advising with on-the-ground execution.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Manage the market P&L to achieve growth while keeping within budget
- Achieve growth goals - rides, frequency, service levels
- Oversee our operational efforts in market
- Build the passenger base through local marketing efforts
- Support the public relations and government relations teams by representing Lyft
- Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for HQ
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Create playbooks, metrics and contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
- Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for HQ business, product and engineering teams
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of operations or strategy experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience building from scratch, scaling an organization and managing people
- Experience managing and working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills and roles
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Role is based in NY but travel possible to support launches in other markets
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top