Manager, Threat Response
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our drivers and passengers entrust Lyft with their personal information and travel details to get where they're going, and expect us to keep that data safe. Lyft's security team leads efforts across the company to ensure our systems are secure and worthy of our users' trust.
The security team designs and builds Lyft's security architecture, consults with other teams as they build and launch new products and features, proactively plans for the unexpected, and responds to incidents that occur. Our work affects the entire company and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web application security, as well as mobile apps and IT. We try to approach security from a software engineering standpoint. We believe in scaling security through automation and tooling and we ship frequently. Check out our blog posts at https://eng.lyft.com/tagged/security to learn more about some of the things we’ve built.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of security engineers in the detection, hunting and resolution of security incidents.
- Partner with IT, Engineering, Legal, HR, PR, Risk, Law Enforcement and other internal and external resources to ensure security incident response processes and tools are in place to manage security incidents and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain security and privacy incident response policies, standards and automated runbooks.
- Communicate risk to both technical and non-technical leaders across the business.
- Influence and develop tools and technologies that focus on orchestration and automation that allow for rapid response to incidents.
- Deep experience recruiting, growing and leading technical teams
- You have extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK, NIST 800-61 and other core DFIR frameworks.
- Experience in threat detection, forensics, incident response or a related field. This may include software development, threat intelligence, or other related endeavors.
- Experience translating technical concepts into language that is relevant to many audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external security community members and press.
- Experience with incident detection and response in cloud-first environments
- Experience leading large scale incidents with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Successful candidates for this key role must have a high degree of integrity and capacity to work independently, under tight time constraints and high pressure
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top