Manager, Field Training & Maintenance
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Field Training and Maintenance Manager to support our automotive tooling and equipment team across all of our new Driver Centers. You will be responsible for delivering critical programs and business capabilities to the field by bringing operational efficiency to the rapidly expanding Driver Operations team.
You are exceptional at end to end planning and execution and have been known to break through complexity achieving simple, streamlined and scalable processes. You are highly skilled at prioritization, cross functional leadership and possess strong analytical skills. You thrive in a startup ecosystem, and are comfortable with ambiguity. You will report into the Vendor Performance Manager in this role.
- Build, implement and sustain the best tooling and equipment training programs for our Global Field Operations team
- Attain and sustain 100% tooling & equipment uptime for all Driver Centers by building a robust maintenance and support program (system, standards and visual management)
- Coordinate the order, transit, delivery and installation of all tooling and equipment required to successfully open each new Driver Center on time and in budget
- Collaborate with Technical Operations team to identify, innovate, procure and test all new tooling and equipment in order to support Lyft’s speed, cost and quality targets
- Build supplier scorecards in order to continuously improve our internal and external business processes
- 5+ years of experience in an operational role supporting a fast growing organization
- Experience with collision repair, vehicle service and maintenance tooling and equipment
- Good understanding of the Toyota Production System
- Proven capability to solve complex problems
- Experience building and scaling processes from scratch
- Has lead a national level project or program (ideally in procurement) and can travel frequently throughout the US
- Strong communication skills and technical communication
- Strong analytical skills. Can take huge amounts of information and simplify into actionable recommendations
- Comfortable with Google Suite applications (Sheets, Drive, Slides and Docs) and Coupa
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top