Manager, Express Drive Analytics
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
To grow our analytics capabilities, we need a strong Senior Manager, Business Analytics who can understand all aspect of the Express Drive (XD) program and can tie pulling levers on one side of the program with moving metrics on the other side - and succinctly communicate these effects to all levels of the organization. This person will oversee the Business Analytics team, guiding Express Drive’s strategy and execution across functions through deep expertise on Express Drive’s operations, product, and finances - focusing the broader team’s attention on areas of highest leverage and uncovering new opportunities to unlock the next step change in Lyft supply.
This role will oversee all Business Analytics for the Express Drive program, including volume planning, vehicle economics, as well as strategic opportunities - and ensure the program is delivering an optimal balance of volume, efficiency, and quality. It requires a background in complex querying and modeling combined with strategic thinking and excellent communications.
You will have significant exposure to senior leadership and will play a critical role in advising the program Director.
Within Express Drive, the Business Analytics team guides strategy and decision-making across all functions by understanding how each moving piece drives business results. Projects will include:
- OKR setting, tracking, and forecasting
- Program economics management
- Partnership and contract assessment
- Incentives design and assessment
- Evaluating XD compared to other supply levers
- Product feature prioritization and assessment based on business impact
- Volume and expansion planning
- Driver behavior analysis
- Quality of experience measurement and benchmarking
- Developing and maintaining central self-serve repository for XD Analytics knowledge
Describe the day-to-day
- Coordinate and prioritize XD Business Analytics projects and ad-hoc requests for team of analysts
- Review work of analysts, synthesize results to build cohesive picture of program performance
- Monitor program performance and progress towards goals, identify and triage issues
- Lead deep dives into data through complex querying and modeling to uncover new areas of opportunity
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team
- Provide guidance on operational, product, and business decisions based on results of analysis
- Present hypotheses and results of analytics work to executive team and broader organization
- Ensure analytical rigor and business consideration in all program decision-making
Experience & Skills:
- Degree in a quantitative field (master’s a plus)
- Experience in investment banking or consulting
- Experience in a high growth company in a management role
- Ability to synthesize large, complex sets of data and present actionable recommendations on their basis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Impeccable judgement
- Low ego, high drive
- Technical: Excel, Mode, facility with sql, R, Tableau a plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top