Local Analytics Manager - Houston
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. We’re looking for passionate analytics managers to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in ridesharing. You’ll be working in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation.
Local Analytics Managers (LAMs) partner with General Managers at Lyft to drive growth, improve efficiency, and influence long-term strategy through data and analytics. You will be responsible for analyzing a variety of problems ranging from understanding our passengers and drivers, to ensuring we have an efficient marketplace, to optimizing how we run our marketing and growth incentives. These actionable recommendations will be both strategic as well as tactical, ultimately influencing how Lyft invests millions of dollars.
To be successful as a Local Analytics Manager, you must have a strong background in analytics, think strategically, and are able to make challenging trade-offs (supply vs. demand, long-term vs. short-term, low risk vs. high risk). You will work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, and influence all aspects of running and growing your market across passengers, drivers and marketplace balance.
LAMs report to the General Manager, with a dotted line and close collaboration with the HQ Operations Analytics team.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for your General Manager and take an ownership mindset for the performance and growth of your market.
- Identify key questions, problems, and opportunities to improve Lyft’s business using your sharp business acumen and judgment.
- Prioritize and conduct quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data mining that results in actionable insights and recommendations
- Make data-driven recommendations on how to run marketing and incentives.
- Monitor and diagnose market performance; uncover underlying root causes
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deep understanding of problems encompassing everything from impact of experiments/features, airports and venues, partnerships, local marketing, etc.
- Design and analyze rigorous A/B experiments to determine efficacy of solutions
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques; forecast future trends including localized seasonality effects.
- Collaborate with both your local team and HQ teams to improve Lyft’s business decisions through the use of data and predictive modeling/machine learning
- Develop actionable dashboards for GMs and other local stakeholders.
- Communicate outcomes and insights to stakeholders to drive critical business decisions.
Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Degree in a quantitative field statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering. Advanced degrees are preferred
- Comfortable working with very large data sets
- Expert SQL experience
- Python or R preferred
- Experience building models in Excel
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools like Tableau
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top