Lead Mechanic - Nashville
Lyft’s mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with and the communities we serve. To create the world’s best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced mechanic to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Nashville. The role is based in Nashville but travel possible to support launch of other markets.
You will be responsible for managing all maintenance efforts, including assuring the reliability and availability of bikes & scooters, managing other mechanics and contributing to the overall operational excellence for our offering locations.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Train and manage team of bike & scooter mechanics and maintenance vendors.
- Develop the playbook for bike & scooter assembly, inspection, maintenance and repairs.
- Set up reporting procedures to capture data on bike & scooter maintenance and service issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral with teams, operations, engineering and executive leadership.
- Ability to be flexible to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs; cycle up to 10 miles per day in urban areas; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time, with or without accommodation
Basic Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of work experience as bicycle/scooter mechanic.
- 2+ years of experience managing other mechanics in a high volume environment.
- A driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience with fluidity while managing various projects and teams.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top