Launch Operations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, who wants to help us launch new bikes and scooters in new markets.
As the Launch Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring successful new product and new market launches. This will include coordinating across multiple teams through end to end planning, launch, and post launch support.
You are detail oriented and a strong communicator. You enjoy working with multiple stakeholders and you are not afraid of conflict. You are comfortable with facing unexpected obstacles and schedule changes, and can keep the team engaged and focused through execution. You are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and solving problems, but you can also manage senior level meetings.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Market launch planning
- Prepare business cases for new Product-Market launches
- Lead Executive Reviews for potential launch market decisions
- Market launch execution
- Manage 1 launch lead that handles on ground operations Launch support
- Act as key Operations representative in defining launch plans across markets
- Lead organization in on-the-ground deployment of new products (next generation bikes and scooters)
- Surface systemic blockers or challenges, facilitate problem solving and prioritization, and drive solutions to address
- Partner with field Operators and with Operations Excellence, Operations Technology, and Engineering on process optimization
- Surface highest impact risks and unplanned expenses, and lead abatement plans
- Post launch support
- Set up systems to ensure sustainable process adoption
- Monitor market health 3-6 months post launch to ensure process compliance, working closely with local markets and with Ops Excellence
- Facilitate smooth handover of responsibilities from Central Ops to Local Ops
- Lead the organization in retrospective/post-mortem learning, and ensure corrective actions in place for future launches
- Asset Security
- Manage a team of 2 that is responsible for: developing processes and performance management of: 1) how to prevent loss and theft of bikes and scooters and 2) how to most effectively retrieve bikes and scooters that are lost or stolen
- Partner with senior operations leaders, finance, and product/engineering to meet asset loss targets
- Create knowledge sharing systems between field operators and cross-functional partners
- Product Ops
- Manage a team of 2 that is responsible for: new feature definition and adoption by field operators in local markets
- Coordinate feedback loops between Product and field operators using our software
- Ensure new software features are defined and appropriately prioritized, working with our Operations Technology team
- 5+ years of experience in an operations or cross functional project management role
- Experience with new product launch is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and communicate action plans to cross-functional teams
- Comfort with shifting priorities and a fast-moving environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with remote teams and across times zones
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top