At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s team in Montreal is growing rapidly, and we are looking for solid, experienced Application Software Engineers to join our Stations Kiosk Software team. Our goal is to continue the development of our bike sharing station kiosk software, improve its reliability and security, evolve its software architecture and communication protocols to our backend services and improve our user interface/experience.
Technical interviews and interactions with the other offices in the company will be in English; however, the working environment in Montreal is bilingual.
- Help define the roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Have a good grasp and ability to explain the various tradeoffs made in decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Incorporate considerations for business context and failure modes in your work
- Proactively participate in resolving ongoing incidents
- Unblock, support, effectively communicate, and obtain buy-in across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of engineering experience with Java
- Experience with Linux
- Embedded or low level programming a plus
- Must have a track record of professional excellence
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and have a working proficiency in French
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.