Industrial Designer, Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring. Lyft’s new Bikes & Scooters division is seeking an Industrial Designer to join as an early member of our internal Industrial Design practice.
The Industrial Designer, is expected to have a deep passion for the entirety of the industrial design process from conceptualization, to refinement, to modeling, and manufacturing support. Lyft will rely on the Industrial Designer to contribute to mission critical programs as well as come up with innovative solutions and pushing the ID, Brand, and Product vision beyond the competition.
Lyft’s Bikes and Scooters team is a new division and operates as a startup within the larger organization. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves and hustle. We are moving fast, innovating, and operating with ambiguity. You should be self motivated and flexible to lend a hand as new obstacles arise.Responsibilities:
- Juggle multiple design details and development efforts
- Possess ample ideation and innovation skills to envision and clearly articulate future designs
- Work well with cross-functional teams to successfully visualize concepts and translate them into feasible solutions, balancing innovation with functional requirements
- conceptualize aesthetic and functional solutions while integrating insights and build physical mock-ups
- Work with design research specialists to produce user-centric and market-appropriate concepts and collaborating with engineers and peers on compelling solutions
- 2+ years of professional experience as an Industrial Designer
- Proven track record in design excellence as reflected in awards or industry recognition
- Expertise in design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; comfortable with communicating and interacting effectively at all levels within the organization
- Expert CAD and 3D photo-rendering, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Bike, scooter or auto design expertise is a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Please include your portfolio link with your application.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top