High Performance Computing Engineer
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
As part of the Compute team, you will develop core parts of our compute architecture to ensure that our autonomous vehicles commit their software in a safe, optimized, and robust way. Members of the compute team work on a variety of challenging tasks ranging from architecture design to hands on verification and benchmarking of deployed systems in our vehicles. For this position we are looking for a High Performance Computing (HPC) engineer with experience putting together compute and networking systems and experience designing compute systems for deep learning algorithms. Your work will involve both strategic long-term vision thinking and delivering working hardware now.
- Partner with the software & hardware teams to architect autonomous vehicle computing systems that meet safety and performance goals
- Guide large programs forward by facilitating conversations with vendors, suppliers, and coworkers
- Lead benchmarking efforts to identify bottlenecks in computing performance
- Stay current with latest HPC industry developments
- Design high-performance computers for workloads including DNNs and signal processing
- Education in EE, CS, CE, Physics, or similar
- Understand the Linux operating system
- A record of successful engineering project ownership
- Knowledge of robotics or automotive inference requirements
- 1+ years of experience with Autonomous Vehicle applications
- Software development or scripting in C/C++, Matlab, or Python
- 1+ years of experience with designing computing platforms for deep neural networks or similar workload
- Familiarity with signal processing systems
- Experience in software requirements management or programming
- Experience working with safety essential real-time systems
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Back to top