Head of Technical Recruiting
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We’re looking for a Head of Technical Recruiting to lead and manage a growing, best-in-class recruiting team and deliver top tech talent in a hyper-growth environment. We are looking for an authentic and data-driven leader who will create and execute a forward-looking hiring plan that enables our company’s strategy, creates a competitive advantage and evolves our organization into a high-performing technical recruiting machine. They will work closely with our Technical Leadership team and other critical stakeholders and operate as a thought partner to Lyft’s leadership as an advisor on all things talent.
The ideal candidate will bring a robust deep business acumen for how technical talent delivers and grows business outcomes and quickly interpret Lyft's strategic direction, challenges, and opportunities into a full-scale technical recruiting strategy. We’re looking for someone that is a builder at heart, deeply passionate about technology, who can not only operate at the strategic level but also be hands-on in managing and guiding the team.
- Partner with the leadership team to build a recruitment strategy that complements our tech business, providing industry insight and competitive intelligence.
- Partner with Talent Analytics to design and develop recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics to the business, while using metrics to drive operational excellence across the team.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition leadership to create and manage a recruiting budget; including partners, tools, and events.
- Stay abreast of new trends in the industry and marketplace and maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends, related analytics, and labor laws that have short and long-term implications in our recruiting efforts.
- Oversee recruiting strategy and execution for all areas of the business including executive and technical hiring at HQ and new and existing market operations hiring in the field.
- Innovate hiring methodologies by identifying unique and non-traditional sources to find top talent.
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years of overall recruiting leadership experience - the majority of which, should be focused on technical recruiting in a fast-growth technology company
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams (50+ in headcount) in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full-cycle and custom recruiting process and coach and lead a team to execute this plan seamlessly
- Consistent track record in driving efficiencies in the use of technologies, process, and workflow
- Proven success partnering with executives and leaders cross-functionally
- Strong presentation skills, able to provide expertise and support as needed in the preparation and delivery of senior management briefings and materials
- Extraordinary relationship building, consulting, negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative approach
- Detail-oriented project management skills with the ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment that moves with a constant sense of urgency
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top