Head of Growth Operations
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Growth team at Lyft is responsible for accelerating the growth of the business and for hitting our top business/company goals around financials metrics and market share. The team is building automated tools to manage growth levers and these are quickly becoming complex to configure and deploy. Given that Lyft’s business is hyper-regional and sensitive to time of day local events, weather and more, this makes things even more complicated.
We are looking for a senior leader with product and operational experience, with a clear track record of driving business growth, who will lead a team responsible for understanding and monitoring the health of our markets and driving the strategies for their growth. This lead will own the plan for growth hitting its business goals including building strategic assessment of markets, discovering growth opportunity, pointing out risks of deviating from the plan and building the strategy to course correct. This lead will be responsible for working across a multitude of product, engineering and science teams to help shape strategies and roadmaps for products to further drive business growth. This lead will set the strategy and vision to automate and orchestrate the business decisions required to balance supply and demand as well as ensure highest return on investments for all spend decisions. This lead and their team will be the front line of communication between local markets and growth levers.
The bar is already extremely high, but we raise it an extra notch to find someone who shares Lyft’s vision of the future. At Lyft, we believe that transportation should be so convenient, it’s magical; we believe that transportation has the potential to connect communities and change lives. If that’s a vision you want to turn into reality, then we want to meet you.
- Own Growth plan for hitting business goals, per market
- Lead strategy and roadmaps to develop products to make sure the company has the most efficient tools systems and processes to drive sustainable growth
- Own the product strategies to track and report of our top goals and metrics and drive business alignment
- Have a strong and rigorous input / understanding into company level goal-setting
- Lead growth real-time diagnostics - hire and manage a team of specialists to use analytics tools to monitor markets in real-time at a high geographic resolution to identify opportunities and update model parameters and/or inform product development
- Partner closely with Data Science to design analytics and monitoring tools including dashboards, reports, and alerts
- Drive process and structure of collaboration with other teams involved in market management, including finance, core product, global operations, and marketing
- Report to ELT on progress towards goals and participate in company level business performance discussions on how we improve the process of running the business to hit our quarterly goals
- Inform the generation of new levers and monitoring tools to identify opportunities for improving our marketplace and driving growth
- Own in quarter planning to get back on track, when trending to miss goals
- Be the first line of communication with local teams/business health org, freeing up levers owners to focus on executing on their roadmaps
Experience & Skills:
- 15+ years of experience, at least 10 of which is operating $1Bn+ businesses
- Minimum 10 years of product management or relevant experience in the technology related field
- P&L ownership experience at scale
- Having lead multiple senior teams
- Strong strategic ability
- Deep partnership and influence skills across product and operation teams
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces, especially regional marketplaces is desirable
- Provide strategic insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon this analysis
- Develop frameworks and decision-making tool
- Creativity in designing diagnostic and intervention systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business creativity with a get-it-done attitude
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top