Head of Consumer & Market Insights
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We are searching for a Head of Consumer & Market Insights to report into our VP Marketing Operations, Planning and Strategy to take Lyft’s understanding of our Customers and Marketplace to the next level and help us achieve our mission to improve people’s lives through the world’s best transportation. As our future Consumer Insights leader, you will set the vision for the team and identify opportunities for us to increase market share. We want you to think and act big, make calculated but swift decisions and usher Lyft into its next phase of growth. In working collaboratively with executives and cross-functional partners, you will also inspire product and marketing strategy that embraces and embodies our diverse user base.
You are well-versed in fostering a strategic insights organization and guiding a Consumer Insights team to create and scale market research programs. Your customer-centric mindset is second nature to you and your experience turning insights into action inspires across Marketing, Growth, Product, and Operations.
- Manage the Consumer & Market Insights team and budget and create the bridge between users, customer needs and our overall strategy
- Bring in new ideas/methodologies while also optimizing existing practices, vendor partnerships
- Represent the voice of both Riders and Drivers within Lyft and guide Marketing Leadership in product marketing, creative and brand strategies
- Forge strong relationships cross-functionally to align Consumer Insights to each line of business to ensure research projects meet business needs
- Continue to build and mature the team, remove roadblocks and empower their abilities to lead and partner with the business owners
- 12+ years of industry experience in Market Research, Consumer Insights and advocating for the customer
- You've led the Consumer Insights team in a late-stage or growth consumer tech company and have overall 8+ years experience managing insights teams - experience outside of agency or consulting is required
- A true partner to the executive and leadership level, you have proven abilities to influence a company’s strategy based on insights
- The research you’ve led is consumer-centric, uncovering user motivations, needs and wants. You’ve worked across quantitative/qualitative research (e.g. message and creative testing, segmentation) and can work with both stated and behavioral data
- You’re at the forefront of discovering new/creative methodologies and use creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems
- You’re able to quickly synthesize and communicate research data in ambiguous situations and settings, without the total picture, and scale insights alongside UX, Marketing, Growth, Product, Operations
- You’re persuasive in communication and enable leadership with stronger decision-making abilities from your team’s insights
- You’ve partnered closely with both brand marketing and product marketing organizations to inform creative as well as product strategy
- You have a track-record of developing, training and inspiring research teams that influence not only product and marketing decision, but company strategy as well
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top