Hardware Technology Integration Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our team is transforming urban transportation through Lyft’s micromobility ecosystem.
Lyft’s Hardware Technology Team is in search of a Hardware Technology Integration Engineer to drive the integration of key technologies into systems or subsystems of our micromobility ecosystem. Candidates should have a strong background in mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering and have sufficient experience working with the other disciplines to understand their basic workflows and interdependencies. Candidates should be able to leverage their product development experience and systems-level thinking to drive evaluation, development and deployment of technologies and subsystems to improve our micromobolity offerings.This role is a perfect opportunity for a high performing and driven engineer to take on a broader scope and to deliver a greater impact by leading multidisciplinary efforts that will both grow our business and improve our cities.
- Lead cross-functional continuous improvement efforts on existing products, in particular our battery packs
- Tackle and execute on challenging problems and complex multi-disciplinary products
- Lead the development of new products, modules or technology integration
- Identify key testing required to prove out and derisk new products and technologies
- Develop technical requirements for systems, sub-assemblies and components
- Drive both in-house and third party development of technologies and products
- Hands-on work building early prototypes and doing root cause failure analysis of products
- Create and maintain controlling documentation for subsystems including requirements, bill of materials, specifications, and assembly drawings
- BS+ in engineering - electrical, mechanical, computer science or similar
- 5-7 years experience developing and launching electro-mechanical hardware products
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to guide through multi-disciplinary technical leadership
- Use of physics-based fundamentals, data and systems understanding to drive decisions and direction
- Demonstrated ability to select and drive suppliers and/or consultancies
- Solid understanding of the product development process and the stakeholders involved at each stage
- Tools: Solidworks, Altium, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Working knowledge of battery packs a bonus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Back to top