Hardware Supply Chain Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
This newly created position is responsible for ensuring that hardware teams have an effective plan for converting hardware concepts into manufactured goods via the Supply Chain. This starts with a cohesive cross functional program plan, the establishment of the program roadmap and driving of activities which deliver against this plan. This role is dependent on integrating and working directly with key Hardware and Software Engineering, Government Relations, Marketing, Finance and Product Development teams.
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on delivering our major programs. A strong candidate will be able to gather business and technical requirements and develop cross functional program plans to deliver high value solutions. The candidate will be focused on execution and have experience driving cross functional teams in agile, high technology environments, with a focus on Manufacturing and Supply Chain. The candidate will be expected to own the project plan, chair associated governance meetings, develop cohesion between teams, solve problems and escalate as required. This will also include picking up and completing project related tasks as may be required.
In addition to the specific applied program management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied to across all projects and categories worldwide.
- Lead the development of supply chain, manufacturing, and infrastructure programs to deliver micro-mobility vehicles and infrastructure in cities
- Develop and deliver manufacturing and supply chain strategies that ensure hardware development and production goals are achieved
- Ensure execution to plan and wide cross function communication of status
- Ensure tracking of key program metrics such as cost, schedule, and target product attributes
- Drive accountability in team member to ensure Lyft is maintaining its commitments to stakeholders
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of manufacturing and micro-mobility market trends
- Build lean processes that drive cross-functional and cost-effective development of hardware solutions
- Program manage new production manufacturing or new supplier introduction activities
- Supporting functional partners in commercial negotiations and technical evaluations for partnerships
- Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- 5+ year of industry experience working in Manufacturing Engineering, Capital Projects, New Product Introduction, or Hardware Program Management
- Experience in manufacturing engineering, and/or construction engineering, and/or supplier industrialization engineering, and/or other physical engineering discipline
- Exposure to strategic sourcing and procurement is a plus
- Independent self-starter with a high degree of confidence and business acumen
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- PMP or APMP Certification is a plus
- Experience with product lifecycle beginning with NPI
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top