Hardware Engineer, New Graduate (Autonomous)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality.
As a new grad on the Level 5 team, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation. You will collaborate and be involved in all phases of the engineering process from design to deployment to meet challenging robotics functionality and automotive qualification requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Programming experience in C++, Python and C
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for community, sustainability, and/or transportation
Nice to Have:
- Experience in vehicle controls, dynamics, sensor/vision systems, hardware testing, and/or functional safety
- Background in Structural and Industrial Design
- Experience in manufacturing hardware and working with optics and thermal equipment cooling
Back to top