Hardware Engineer - Camera ISP Architect
- Palo Alto, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Lyft L5 AV-sensors team is currently seeking a Camera ISP Architect. The AV-sensors team, part of Vehicle Systems Development, architects and influences future sensor-subsystems landscape on L5 vehicle platforms through module- and subsystem-partnerships. Aside from architecture and execution, we focus on multi-modal sensor competitive landscape for autonomous vehicles. Finally, we span optical systems performance analysis, verification and validation (V&V) testing, physics simulation, and the systems tradespace for AV sensor-suite design, test, and execution. We collaborate with systems engineering, vehicle integration, autonomy and product design teams to help debug, test, and architect both present and future sensing subsystems on Lyft L5 platform vehicles on the path to product.
The Camera ISP Architect will architect and test Image Signal Processing (ISP) tuning parameters for the camera subsystem on our vehicle platforms. The architect will help drive and define module-level testing requirements for image quality across various real-world scenarios in relation to laboratory measurements. The architect will influence V&V test, and guide image quality metrics across the image signal processing (ISP) pipeline in relation to autonomy-driven requirements and metrics. Finally, this position will require the individual to work cross-functionally with perception, localization, software integration, vehicle integration as well as a range of camera module- and subsystem-partners.
- Define, characterize, evaluate, influence, test and deploy camera ISP settings for autonomous vehicles
- Maintain competitive landscape portfolio of various camera module and subsystem partner technologies
- Help to maintain camera system engineering specification as it relates to ISP
- Lead discussions with vendors in the space of camera module, image sensor, interface, ISP SoC, etc
- Define and maintain test plans and incoming/outgoing image quality control procedures
- Fundamental understanding of camera fundamentals, imaging technologies and challenges with automotive cameras
- Fundamental understanding of camera systems at component level (optics, electronics, ISP SoC)
- Strong understanding of ISP pipelines, image quality tuning, camera calibration, image quality metrics with ability to simulate parts of ISP pipelines
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- ISP pipeline, image quality, image sensor verification and validation (CMOS sensor pixel, lens quality, illumination)
- Computer vision algorithms, computational photography
- First-hand experience with camera hardware systems and experience with image capture and analysis using CMOS sensors, physics performance simulation in Matlab or python, digital imaging pipeline and algorithms, and possible implementation of cameras on autonomous vehicles.
- Some camera calibration (intrinsics and extrinsics) testing and signal processing experience
- Background in CVML is a bonus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance optionsIn addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top