Hardware Electrical Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft’s vision is a world where transportation is affordable, safe and more reliable- and where all types of vehicles are being used more efficiently to decrease traffic and reduce pollution. Bikes & Scooters is a big step in that direction. We want to become the one-stop shop for consumers and all their transportation needs.
If you’re excited about the micro-mobility space and about working on light electric vehicles, we encourage you to apply below to join the Bikes & Scooters team! To learn more about Lyft’s vision for Bikes & Scooters, read more from our founders here.
- Derive technical specifications based on product level requirements
- Own architecture selection, electrical design, schematic, layout, and validation of electronic PCBAs and multi-component electrical systems.
- Support Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners
- Validate design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test and system coexistence testing
- Set factory test requirements, assist in software bring up, and travel on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Research technologies and scope development opportunities
- Communicate cross functionally to to deliver a successful product to market
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 3+ years of related industry experience
- Experience with embedded systems design, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially CAN, USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design, sensor integration, low power design, high power design, and various RF technologies
- Experience using eCAD tools for schematic capture, layout, and analysis
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Ability to be hands-on in the lab and want to be in the details (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including ability to design and verify circuits in the analog domain
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to successfully deliver products to market
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
At Lyft, a community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top