At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
This position is responsible for establishing the Supply Chain for products and services supporting Lyft. You will play a key role in helping to establish the strategy and to also drive execution activities on bringing our new products to market. Specifically, you will be instrumental in leading the supplier sourcing / selection activities and successfully manage key strategic supplier relationships, including negotiating strategic agreements, partner evaluation, and supply management. This role is dependent on integrating and working directly with key cross functional business stakeholders
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on traditional strategic sourcing models including category analysis, short-term/long-term category planning, consolidation, supplier scorecards and vendor management. A strong understanding of one or more strategic sourcing models is desired but not required. Lyft’s sourcing process includes multiple phases from building a category strategy, identifying specific sourcing opportunities, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, and implementation. The process involves steps such as preparing global market research, price/cost analysis, "should cost" models, TCO, industry trends, commodity best practices and industry benchmarking to drive sourcing decisions.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, and vendor management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied across all vendors and categories worldwide.
- Develop supply chain and commodity strategies ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyft’s current and future technical and business requirements
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with business stakeholders.
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Negotiate key strategic agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps
- Provide right recommendation to management, and finalize/release contract/PO
- Other duties as needed
- 3+ years of industry experience working in Sourcing and Procurement
- Has been a business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact category and our business
- Built and maintained (partnering) effective working relationship with assigned business area
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence and business acumen
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines
- Multiple category experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration or related discipline.
- SPSM, CPSM, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements) is a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process