Global Supply Manager
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
This newly created position is responsible for establishing the Supply Chain for key components and services supporting Lyft’s emerging Bike and Scooters division. You will play a key role in helping to establish the strategy and to also drive execution activities on bringing our new products to market. Specifically, you will be instrumental in leading the supplier sourcing / selection activities and successfully manage key strategic supplier relationships including negotiating strategic agreements, component costing, and supply management. This role is dependent on integrating and working directly with key Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Development teams.
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on traditional strategic sourcing models including category analysis, short-term/long-term category planning, consolidation, supplier scorecards and vendor management. A strong understanding of one or more strategic sourcing models is desired but not required. Lyft’s sourcing process includes multiple phases from building a category strategy, identifying specific sourcing opportunities, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, and implementation. The process involves steps such as preparing global market research, price/cost analysis, "should cost" models, TCO, industry trends, commodity best practices and industry benchmarking to drive sourcing decisions.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, and vendor management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied to across all vendors and categories worldwide.
- Develop supply chain and commodity strategies ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyft’s current and future technical and business requirements
- Lead the identification, sourcing, and management of key component and manufacturing partners
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Negotiate key strategic agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps
- Provide right recommendation to management, and finalize/release contract/PO
- Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Other duties as needed
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of industry experience working in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Has been a business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact category and our business
- Built and maintained (partnering) effective working relationship with assigned business area
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence and business acumen
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines
- Multiple category experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- SPSM, CPSM, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Experience with Coupa is a plus
- Experience with product lifecycle beginning with NPI. Knowledge of the various pre-production phases (EVT, DVT and PVT) is a plus
- Comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements) is a plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top