General Manager - Vancouver
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for proven leaders who want to revolutionize transportation to take the reins on our most strategic markets. This job is not for the faint-hearted. General Managers own the P&L for their market, which means responsibility for driver and passenger acquisition, local operations, and service quality. Market growth, strategic direction, difficult trade-offs… the buck stops with you. As the General Manager you will report to the VP, Lyft Canada.
Luckily, you’ll also have a phenomenal team behind you. Back in Toronto and our HQ in San Francisco, you will work closely with Lyft’s subject matter experts for product, engagement, online acquisition, brand, and more.
The bar is already extremely high, but we raise it an extra notch to find someone who shares Lyft’s vision of the future. At Lyft, we believe that transportation should be so convenient, it’s magical; we believe that transportation has the potential to connect communities and change lives. If that’s a vision you want to turn into reality, then we want to meet you.
- Manage the Vancouver market P&L
- Achieve growth goals - rides, activations, revenue
- Strengthen and grow the driver community via events, promotions, communications, and training
- Build the passenger base through local marketing
- Support the public relations and public policy teams by representing Lyft
- Navigate the regulatory landscape - negotiate, problem solve, and operationalize to ensure Lyft can continue to grow
- Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for HQ
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Hire and lead a team of high performing talent
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of strategic operating experience
- Experience scaling an organization and managing people
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a get-it-done attitude
- Naturally connect with drivers as easily as you connect with business partners and local politicians
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Deep city knowledge and network
- Avid Lyft user
- Experience working in local government or with local/provincial regulators
- Experience working as part of a remote team
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top