General Manager - New York
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a General Manager to revolutionize transportation in New York and take the reins in one of our largest, most complex, and strategic markets. This leader will be based in our New York office leading large teams executing against operational strategies and will report to the Regional Director of DC & NY.
Luckily, you’ll have a phenomenal team behind you. You will work closely with many of Lyft’s cross-functional subject matter experts in product, engagement, online acquisition, brand, and more. The bar is already extremely high, but we raise it an extra notch to find someone who shares Lyft’s vision of improving people's lives with the world's best transportation. We are passionate about defining Lyft as the ground transportation partner of choice, ruthless about our results, and value our diversity, inclusion, and having fun.
- Lead and execute on large key strategic initiatives, working cross-functionally to drive business performance and hit OKRs.
- Scale and develop high-performing, diverse teams (100+) across service, local operations, rental operations, and key partnerships.
- Support the public relations and public policy teams by representing Lyft locally.
- Navigate the regulatory landscape - negotiate, problem solve, and operationalize to ensure Lyft can continue to grow.
- Synthesize market feedback for broader operations, product, marketing, customer experience, and other business unit teams
- 10 years of senior strategic operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, and building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Experience inspiring a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders. Skillfully scaling a operations organization into an efficient and effective team; demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring and retaining a high-performing team
- Operational and data-driven mindset, obsessed with eliminating wastes and creating efficiencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box and are resourceful and fiscally responsible
- Highly collaborative with the proven ability to manage large scale projects and influence cross-functionally
- Comfortable leading within matrixed organizations, pulling in thought leaders from both internal and external resources to foster knowledge and expertise for their teams
- Experience working in local New York government or with local/provincial regulators
- Experience working as part of a field team managing multiple locations
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to Lyft’s mission and core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top