At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Projects will require close collaboration with other teams and orgs, working closely with creative and product designers, other engineers and stakeholders. These projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound frontend standards to engineers, designers, and management.
Our company moves at an extremely fast pace and is always evolving. Being adaptable to change is a necessity and so is having a great attitude.
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces pairing, healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate cross functionally in order to achieve results
- Help define the team roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and rider
- Must have 4+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with NodeJS and Express applications
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer)
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product and Design
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- Medical &dental insurance
- English classes with native speakers.
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 10 paid days off + opportunity to work remotely
- Spacious office facing National Library.