- Oakland, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a highly strategic operator to report to the Regional Director of Northern California who will drive data-driven initiatives focused on optimizing our rentals Fleet operations and processes. You will be a crucial conduit between Lyft headquarters and the local teams that serve renters and manage vehicles on the ground, ensuring effective two-way communication and alignment on top priorities.
You will also be responsible for influencing and achieving the most optimal allocation of fleet across locations regionally to drive revenue. Your ability to connect the dots between on the ground field operations and HQ strategic initiatives will ensure flawless execution of national strategic projects in your local market.
Finally, as a key leader in a highly operational business, your team will look to you to create an inspired, efficient and motivational culture to help hit our targets in the most Lyft-y way possible!
- Develop a detailed understanding of Lyft's Fleet across NorCal, and identify key market-level questions, problems, and continuous improvement opportunities to drive profitability and operational efficiencies
- Lead the regional on-the-ground operations to sustainably maximize fleet availability, performance, and utilization to enable growth
- Influence cross-functionally by building business cases to support recommendations and prioritize these opportunities for higher efficiency
- Proactively gather and analyze data through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to help improve regional and central decisions on critical strategic issues
- Manage the relationship between the FlexDrive headquarters team and local teams to effectively advocate for local needs and regional considerations
- Drive strategic, fleet-wide initiatives to improve customer satisfaction, fleet health and fleet management costs
- Integrate the Consumer Rentals and FlexDrive Rentals processes to maximize staffing efficiencies across sites and lines of business
- Prioritize team resources based on financial impact, operational capacity, and customer needs
- 5-7+ years professional experience, with team management experience
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel (SQL is a plus), and has experience building forecast models and analyzing complex data sets to make impact high-impact business decisions
- Diverse work experience, preferably a combination of management consulting and business operations; high-growth or start-up experience a plus
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Ability to manage multiple large cross-functional projects at once and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and collaborate up, down, and across the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to stakeholders at all levels of the organization and speaking the language of many different business functions
- Embodies the growth mindset to deal with the ambiguity and rapid change of a startup
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to see the “big picture” and identify/forecast developing issues.
- Experience managing hard assets (fleet, retail, warehouse, etc.) or relevant complex asset/inventory business is a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Back to top