Fixed Asset Manager
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking to hire a qualified and experienced Fixed Assets Manager to its Accounting team. This a crucial role that will drive the worldwide Fixed Assets process within the Controllership team. The role provides significant growth opportunity as it encompasses day to day controllership duties as well as focuses on a number of project based initiatives to scale the Fixed Assets reporting process at the corporate level. The candidate should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
- Responsible for developing, interpreting and applying the Fixed Assets policy, including capital projects, within NetSuite and other financial systems, as part of the worldwide Accounting function
- Identify and implement scalable Fixed Asset processes, tools, and solutions, to drive accurate financial reporting in compliance with existing policies and GAAP
- Manage the worldwide Fixed Asset close process, including performing any necessary GL and IC transactions/adjustments, and maintain proper supporting documentation and reconciliations
- Oversee the Fixed Asset sub-ledger and other reporting tools, including management of additions and disposals, for month end close and audit preparedness
- Work closely with other Accounting/Finance team members to ensure proper processes are in place around Fixed Assets, specifically those relating to Inter-company, ASC 842, and tax related transactions
- Assist in reviewing portions of the balance sheet and income statement
- Assist in managing external audit, including preparation and ongoing support
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls
- Collaborate with various teams during system implementations and special initiatives
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
Experience & Skills:
- 4 year degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA are required
- 7+ years Accounting, including Big 4 experience, and larger multinational organizations·
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger functional team
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills – must have significant experience in Microsoft and Google applications; NetSuite and Coupa are strongly preferred
- Highly detail oriented and ability to multitask is a valuable asset
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top