Fixed Asset Accountant, Bikes & Scooter
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a diligent and enthusiastic Accountant ready to hit the ground running on the Finance team. You will play a crucial role as you will be responsible for executing accounting tasks over multiple business entities within Lyft. You will work across disciplines such as revenue recognition, expense accruals, inter-company transactions, and banking. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will provide critical support to the overall team and in the monthly close process.
- Implement and maintain systems and Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant processes for tracking of over $100 million of bike fleet and other assets
- Ensure asset costing policies are clearly defined and consistently implemented
- Perform quarterly analysis of standard cost vs. actual purchase price and standard BOM cost vs. actual manufactured cost, and provide explanations for significant variances, as well as propose and execute updates to standard costing
- Develop and execute a review process for asset adjustments, including setting processes and approval thresholds, developing a reporting and review process, and actively reviewing and approving inventory/in-process adjustments
- Analyze aging reports and review turnover of inventory/in-process materials for possible impairment and calculating the Lower of Cost or Fair Value reserve
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve daily account processes
Experience & Skills:
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience, with at least 6 months in fixed asset management
- Willing to question processes and procedures to ensure that work is being completed in an efficient manner
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with ERP platform - NetSuite a plus
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Understanding of inter-company transactions and how they are eliminated
- Experience with Inventory transactions and three-way match for billing preferred
- Understanding of inter-company transactions and how they are eliminated preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing, startup organization preferred
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top