Firmware Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
- Architect, design, implement, and maintain embedded software in C & C++
- Work cross-functionally with teams ranging from product to operations to understand and define requirements
- Work with electrical engineering to design and review hardware
- Independently perform board bring-up and code debug, resolving emerging issues through software and electrical changes while working within a team
- Establish best practices for development, test, and deployment. Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Ensure safety requirements are complete and correct, new designs meet safety requirements, and software implementations meet design specifications
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution; act on feedback to learn and grow
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
Experience & Skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience bringing a product through an entire production cycle
- Hardware bringup and characterization through the use of test equipment
- Schematic review experience with schematic capture, and board layout as a plus
- Firmware development experience in GNU C/C++ with microcontrollers or driver level embedded processors
- Capable with standard embedded peripherals (USB, I2S, I2C, CAN, UART, ADC, timers, etc)
- Familiarity with 802.11/15 (WIFI/Bluetooth) & LTE is highly valued
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, team player with high degree of self awareness
- Experience working with embedded processors (such as STM32) and using an RTOS, such as FreeRTOS
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top