Financial Data Analyst, Accounting
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Financial Data Analyst for Accounting. This is a crucial role in helping to build and improve upon Lyft’s financial foundation. This is a high visibility role that will directly impact a large portion of Lyft’s Financial Statements and have a high degree of contact with senior management. The candidate in this position will work closely with Engineering, Finance, and Operations teams to provide visibility of key financial metrics and reports of business initiatives at Lyft.
- Work to ensure the accuracy of financial data used for financial reporting
- Own reporting of key financial data used for reporting and operational decision-making
- Perform complex analysis of datasets, build accurate data maps, and conduct regular data validation
- Ensure the development of an automated reporting process that covers metrics as well as financial results, and connects the two in an appropriate and accurate manner
- Provide general financial data support to other key stakeholders within the Finance team
- Work with upstream engineering teams to understand new product requirements and their impact on downstream teams.
- BA/BS with 2+ years of experience in finance, accounting, business, consulting, or analytics or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in SQL with 1+ years of experience working with large data sets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- A drive to understand the core issues and determination to uncover the solution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience with Github, Terminal, development with various Data Management Systems a plus
- Tableau and other data visualization/BI experience a plus
- Knowledge / experience with accounting or finance a plus
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Products or Netsuite a plus
- Experience working with financial planning systems (either Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or Host Analytics) a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Back to top